A Few Things Unsaid
I remember the last words you said before we went our own ways.
“You are the last person in this world I want to hurt. But if you want it this way let it be.”
You were angry at me and you did tell me a lot of things after that which I don’t exactly remember. But I remember this cause it came from your heart.
“Make someone happy,” you said with a twinkle in your eyes and a teddy bear in your hands. I had never seen you more cheerful. The teddy bear is no longer there in that shop. Maybe it is now some little kid’s favourite toy or maybe it is lying unseen and unheeded in a dusty cupboard. I would have preferred it to be beside you when you go to sleep.
“Do these classify as flowers?”
“Uhh…well…”
“Well then I hope that these do classify as flowers.”
“They are beautiful!”
The dried flower might still be somewhere between the pages of a book. I hope you don’t keep it in there for too long. You might feel like never turning the pages of that book ever again.
“Don’t you dare litter the roads and the streets of my city.”
And you picked you the picked up the piece of paper that was a part of my ice cream cone.
At least one person does not litter the streets of your city anymore.
“What’s wrong baby? You don’t sound too good.”
I wasn’t feeling too good today. I don’t remember anybody asking me what was wrong with me today.
Life might be different once you are on your own and experience things that you had always wanted to do. Sometimes I wish I had met you when your life and your views will be different.
I was searching for the packet of cigarettes that had been in my room for quite sometime now. I know it is in my room cause I remember keeping it here. I hope I never find it.
I remember the last words you said before we went our own ways.
“You are the last person in this world I want to hurt. But if you want it this way let it be.”
You were angry at me and you did tell me a lot of things after that which I don’t exactly remember. But I remember this cause it came from your heart.
“Make someone happy,” you said with a twinkle in your eyes and a teddy bear in your hands. I had never seen you more cheerful. The teddy bear is no longer there in that shop. Maybe it is now some little kid’s favourite toy or maybe it is lying unseen and unheeded in a dusty cupboard. I would have preferred it to be beside you when you go to sleep.
“Do these classify as flowers?”
“Uhh…well…”
“Well then I hope that these do classify as flowers.”
“They are beautiful!”
The dried flower might still be somewhere between the pages of a book. I hope you don’t keep it in there for too long. You might feel like never turning the pages of that book ever again.
“Don’t you dare litter the roads and the streets of my city.”
And you picked you the picked up the piece of paper that was a part of my ice cream cone.
At least one person does not litter the streets of your city anymore.
“What’s wrong baby? You don’t sound too good.”
I wasn’t feeling too good today. I don’t remember anybody asking me what was wrong with me today.
Life might be different once you are on your own and experience things that you had always wanted to do. Sometimes I wish I had met you when your life and your views will be different.
I was searching for the packet of cigarettes that had been in my room for quite sometime now. I know it is in my room cause I remember keeping it here. I hope I never find it.
5 Comments:
thanks jackass... but that was an expression of my literary skills. not to be taken at face value. and besides all the characters are fictional :).
hahahahaah!!!!! fictional my foot...
btw which blog were u talkin abt tht out dear plagiarizer in Pune has copied ?
nice flow of thoughts
Heya!!!
I came across your blog almost half a decade later from the time you started writing, but yes, very nice...simple yet touching....kip writing!!!!
You wrote this on my birthday. 10 years ago :)
Post a Comment
<< Home